Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Have an Adventure a Week.

I have a new goal. I've decided that I am going to have an adventure a week, and I am going to start by taking advantage of the beauty that nature has offered me. I've lived in Utah for years, and had never been on a hike. Yeah, I know. It's like being from Sacramento and never watching a Kings game. Simply ridiculous. So, I've gotten together with some gal pals of mine and so far we've hiked two Saturdays in a row. It's been a blast.

The first week, Eleanor, Shannon, Steffany and I hiked Battle Creek Falls. It was gorgeous and made me remember how much a love the sound or natural running water (meaning streams and creeks). We got a bit lost, and hiked more than we had originally planned, but had a great time.

Shannon and I
Shannon, Steffany, Eleanor, and I
The Falls!

Week two was dedicated to do something that I should've done a long time ago and that every BYU student has to do to be considered a true blue cougar. We hiked the Y. I never realized how steep the mountain was or how huge the Y is. The view of the valley was breathtaking and well worth the climb.


Climbing...
Vista point...
Taking a breather...
Made it to the top!
Lunch on the Y.
We made it. We're officially true blue cougars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Stappsters~ said...

Can't wait to hear what you do next week. I love true life adventure stories. Can you include some descriptive danger stories too. You are awesome. I love this goal!

Bugg's mama said...

I love your ambition, Megan! And congrats for graduating!!!!!! It was so fun seeing you and your cute sisters! Check out some cute pics of my kiddos!