Monday, May 11, 2009

A Lot...

...has been happening lately! It's been hard for me to keep up. I guess I'll start with the beach trip since that happened the longest ago, and I am OCD and like to keep things in chronological order.

For Amanda's birthday (which was conference weekend...yes that long ago!), a bunch of us girls celebrated by going to the beach! We rented a splendid hotel room and had a wonderful time away from work, family, and responsibility. We got there pretty late Friday night and practically crashed as soon as we got there. Well, I crashed. I'm pretty sure the other girls stayed up giggling the whole night. I awoke and had a LOVELY run on the beach. Running on sand is a bit challenging, but the views and the sound of the waves makes it all worth it. Later that day, between conference sessions, we perused the local town. Cannon Beach is a BEAUTIFUL beach town and I loved just walking around it. We ate a wonderful lunch, saw glass blowers, visited the best candy shop EVER, ate the best caramel apple I have ever had, bought shells, window shopped, and laughed the whole time. It was fabulous. We then headed to Indian Beach I'm sure you've seen it before, either in the movies GOONIES or TWILIGHT. It is SO beautiful. We got there right in time to watch the sunset. It was simply breathe taking. We finished the day with an AWESOME dinner and a restaurant fit for a lumberjack. All in all, it was an amazing trip. I love the Oregon coast. I can't get enough of it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful!! I can't wait to get there. I just hope that you are still there when I come?!

Elise said...

Love Love LOVE your pictures!! I SO want to come and visit! Let's go there!!!! XOXO

glad you liked my "single" post- haha- I'm So sick of hearing about single people being sick of being single. Yeah- so it's rough sometimes...Get over it! Be HAPPY!!!! YAY for happiness :)

Elise said...

P.S. when did you go blonde?!?!