Monday, September 22, 2008

Beautiful Butte Falls

Things are really good. So good in fact that I haven't had time to post in awhile! I love being busy!

Last weekend a bunch of us went repelling at Butte Falls. It was simply beautiful. I have really fallen in love with green Oregon. Salem is so nice because you just drive 30 minutes and you're in a jungle-like wilderness. Drive 45 minutes in another direction and your in downtown Portland. What more can you ask for?

Well here are some pics from Butte Falls. I had never been repelling before and to be quite honest, I was a bit terrified. But, it was an adventure that I couldn't pass up...so I did it.
Here are a bunch of us before we head down the cliff: Jared, Jackie, Me, Joe, Lindsay, Daniel, & Todd
This is the cliff as seen from across the ravine. It was really intimidating! Notice the waterfall right next to it.

This was the scariest part. Trusting in the rope as you start backing off a ledge is quite the experience. I'm not quite sure, but I am pretty sure that I screamed a bit at this point. ;) It certainly makes you feel alive!


About right here I was thinking, "Why am I doing this?!"

About half-way down.
Almost there

We also hiked a bit around and found some other waterfalls. This is definitely one of the most perfect places in the world.I took this from underneath the waterfall.
Again, from behind the waterfall.

Here's my hiking buddy Lindsay. Love that girl!

Overall is was an amazing day with good friends, beautiful surroundings, and an adventure to boot. Definitely a day worth remembering.



3 comments:

mjh said...

WOW! That must of been a rush. Everyone needs to go repelling at least once. mjh

~Stappsters~ said...

I don't like this situation. It looks very dangerous. I'm glad you lived through it all Megan.

Elise said...

How Beautiful!! I'm SO Proud of you for repelling...I LOVE it!!! Eres LA leche! :) I forgot you have a blog and now I am excited to keep up with you on this too. I just love ya and miss your guts! XOXO