We had a great 4th of July! I love this summertime holiday with all the BBQing and fireworks. This year I celebrated being American with Joe and his family.
We spent the day in Portland on the river. It was blazing hot and we thought we were going to melt. Now, I know I'm a California girl, and I like heat. But I hate humidity. Joe and I tried to stay in the shade so as to not pass out.

That's Mt. Hood through the lens. Doesn't that snow look refreshing? We had a great time walking along the marina. There were lots of fun shops, good ice cream, and of course, many fun boats to admire.

For dinner we spent time with his family at his Grandmother's condo that is right on the river. They have an amazing view!
I love the skyline in the background!

We had plenty of time to wait for the fireworks.

Isn't that an awesome balcony view? I don't think we could have had a better seat for the firework show!
4 comments:
You and Joe look so great together, I love all the pics of the two of you!!!! :) Sounds like you had a great weekend, great fireworks pics too!
Very wonderful meg!
Great pictures. You guys are really cute. :) I love the heart picture. That's awesome!
You look beyond happy. Great to see someone so great and deserving so blessed! I agree, leaving (as you know) makes one so proud and thankful to be American! Its all the little things!
Post a Comment