Monday, July 13, 2009

My Misty Grey Day

This last Saturday, Joe surprised me and took me to the beach for dinner. Isn't he sweet?! It was a typical Oregonian day at the beach--grey and misty. We loved it! He took me to Lincoln City to the yummiest restaurant.

Funny story. This restaurant is the happening place in Lincoln city, so of course their parking lot is too small. As we were going around waiting for someone to vacate a spot, we were stopped on a hill. As we were sitting there, I reached to the back seat to get my purse, accidentally hitting the stick and putting the car into neutral. We didn't notice however until a car came behind us and we had to move. Feeling flustered, I realized what I had done and pushed the stick to what I though was first gear. Joe has a manual transmission. I actually threw it into park right as he was pressing the gas. Needless so say, the engine revved and we skidded right out of the parking lot like a pack of hoodlums. Luckily we found a place to park not too far away. The walk gave us a few moments to recover from laughter.

Kyllo's is right on the beach and has big widows so you can see the ocean when you eat. This was the view from our table. It was beautiful, even with the parking lot!

We both got the salmon, which was SO GOOD. I was enjoying it too much to take a picture. But here is Joe enjoying his clam chowder.

I got a yummy hazelnut salad. Mmmm.


We then headed out to the beach and tested out the waters. It was COLD!!

Someone made this cute sea turtle. So creative!

Isn't it beautiful?! I love the mist.


Joe said he wanted to take a picture of us. Since it's usually just the two of us and I'm the one with the camera in hand, I usually take the shots. Here's his attempt. As you can see, his arms are WAY longer than mine. I could never take a picture from that high!



It was a lovely day at the beach. Thanks for the wonderful day!

6 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

I was giggling quite a bit. Or I could say lol, but that is overused. Also, this blog is getting very romantic!

Diamonds said...

Megan, you two are way too cute.

Elise said...

How fun!!! Super cute post ;)

Marilee said...

Hi Megan! We just got back from a family reunion in Oregon! It is a beautiful state!! Sounds like you're doing fabulous! Please tell your family hello from the Larson's.

Stacy said...

I am glad you had a great day. That story about driving in the parking lot is hilarious. That's one of those times when you want to wait it out in the car for a few minutes so you don't have to make eye contact with anyone in case they recognize you from the car. :)

Maria said...

Hey Megan! It's Elena, Remember me? :-) Love you as a blonde! And who is that hottie you are with? Take care!