Today was my very first day . . . working in a law office. I have to admit, I didn't sleep very well last night. It was nerves mixed with me missing my pillow top bed I think. I just tossed and turned until I found the only comfortable spot/position in bed at 5:30am. Exactly 30 minutes BEFORE I was supposed to get up. Needless to say, it was pure adrelinine driving me today. I got up, showered, put on my power suit, and remembered that ladies are supposed to wear nylons. Dang. So, I rushed out the door while shoving a banana down my throat and sped to Fred Meyer to get the LEGGS, changed in the store restroom and got to the office with 5 minutes to spare.
The office is really nice and everyone was smiley. Those who says lawyers are grumpy meanies have not met these people. A nice young associate greated me, showed me to my awesome cubical and let me get aquainted with my computer for a bit. Then another nice associate took me around to meet all 25ish attorney's and 25ish more legal assistants. Everyone was so nice. My goal is to have everyone's name and face memorized by my halfway mark. Then I went to court and saw my first hearing be postponed. You can walk from the law office to the courthouse. Another reason I love Salem is everything is so close. Some of the attorney's took me out to lunch and gave me a lot of great advice. It was very enjoyable. Then I spent all afternoon on a really facinating research project. In all, it was a good first day. I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm happy and ready. Bring it on.
3 comments:
Good luck!! You'll do well, for sures!!!
Isn't it fun to pretend to be a real lawyer? I think it's probably more fun than actually BEING a lawyer.
Post a Comment