Sunday, August 1, 2010

Is it too late . . .

. . . to blog about our Fourth of July? Well, if it is, Oh well. I'm going for it anyway. 



We had a lovely picnic dinner at Rock Canyon Park that consisted of hot dogs, corn on the cob, and a DELISH strawberry and grapefruit salad.


Allie and Chris were able to enjoy the holiday with us. We sure love having family close by!


Joe and I were played several games of Yahtzee to keep us entertained as we waited for it to get dark. This is his game face.


There was also a rendition of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. It was a really great performance. Can you think of a better backdrop than those gorgeous mountains?


The sunset was STUNNING and a show of its own.


Of COURSE we HAD to have s'mores. It's TRADITION you know. Our mini BBQ was the BEST investment.


Have you ever tried a Reese's s'more? Simply DIVINE.  


We had a PERFECT view of the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire in Provo. We got to see the beauty of the show for free!


You have no idea how many tries it took to get all four of our faces in the picture. Out of eleven takes, this was the best one (meaning it was the only one where someone wasn't cut out).


Sparklers are my favorite part of the Fourth. I just can't go a year without them. There is something so magical about holding a firework in your hands. And you can take pictures and write with them.


J is for Joe.


Love.


M is for Meg.


Joe made this cool star. We had a great holiday!

I am so grateful for this country and the freedoms we enjoy! I'm so proud to be an American!

No comments: