Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Blogging Ball

Let’s be honest. I’ve dropped the ball over the last few months. The blogging ball. I let it slip right through my tired fingers and saw it roll away. I just watched it go. Sure I thought about going after it. At first it was only a few steps away and I knew I could grab it and only burn like 2 calories. But, the farther away the ball rolled, the more effort I knew it would take to get it. The few steps grew, and grew, and grew until finally it felt like I would have to run a super marathon of 100 miles, just to pick it up. Then I’d have to bring it back. 200 miles was just too much. So, I just gave up. Bye-bye blogging ball. It was nice knowing you. Sure, I felt bad that I lost it. I mean, no one likes losing something, especially when you could’ve just bent over a picked it up in the very beginning. You feel like a failure, a quitter, and a looser. Not that blogging is that imperative to my self-worth, but when it came to my role in the blogging sphere, I felt like a failure. Not only had I stopped chronicling the mundane hum drum of my life, but I didn’t even make the effort to write something witty or entertaining. I didn’t measure up to my dear friends and family who can whip out a master work of fiction, or an insightful discourse on some social topic. I didn’t measure up to the cute craft lessons, the amazing travel logs, or the picture montages. I just didn’t measure up.
And then I realized something.
My blog is MINE. Read it if you wish. Scoff at my laziness if you must. But my blog is MINE. And I have nothing to prove.
So what if I can’t write amazing prose or flowing poetry? So what if I miss a picture or two, or a month’s worth of pictures. SO WHAT.
I like who I am. I like what I have done. I am proud to be me.
Since my blog is merely what I decide I want it to be, I can be proud of that too. I can be proud of the fact that these last few months have been so full, so busy, that I haven’t had time to write it all down. I can be proud of the fact that I live.
So (as my sister would say) dear reader, there it is. If you want to read my blog, bless you. Just be aware that it will be as sporadic, spontaneous, and wacky as I am.
Oh, and just to make it clear, I won’t be running any 200 miler’s soon.
~Meg

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You are so cute! I miss spending time with you. You always were good at getting many things done... ridiculous amounts, in fact. Have a great week!

~Stappsters~ said...

See, and nobody harrassed you about it either. And then we are here for you when you blog again.

Elise said...

You make me laugh! I totally understand- Heck I still haven't blogged about my AMAZING Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years- isn't that terrible?! I will sit down and do it one of these days- they were just too amazing to forget all together :) XOXO- glad you're not dead. Call me soon- i wanna hear about everything!!!!

mjh said...

Glad your "bouncing" back. mjh