The last time I walked into Grandpa Jensen's house, this is what I found.
I love it what all those keys symbolize. How many doors, homes, and cars that take us on amazing adventures do they open? How many memories and responsibilites come from a pair of keys? Looking at each grouping of keys, can you tell whose belongs to who? What does each keychain say about the person it belongs to?
As I walked into my Grandfather's home, I felt like on that ledge was an expression of the personalities, responsibilities, and dreams of my family. It is fitting that the keys rested behind my Grandma's Wizard of Oz dolls. Like the yellow brick road, the keys take us on amazing adventures. Like the Wizard, they bring us home agian.
So next time you look at your keys, take a moment and think about what they say about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment