Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another year...

...OLDER!!


I'm getting to the point in my life when I am starting to dread birthdays. I feel like I've physically aged as much as I want to. Can't I just be 25 forever?


But, when the idea of future aging lowers your spirits, how can you not smile when your sweet boyfriend sends you these at work?
And then, how can you not love growing up when he picks you up as soon as he leaves his office only to take you to Bentley's for an amazing dinner?

And how can you not love birthdays when he then takes you to see UP in 3D to prove that growing older only means that you can enjoy sophistication and imagination.

And how can you not love birthdays when your friends make you THIS cake and throw a party just for you? It makes you realize that every year has brought you more people to love. And you feel that love when your girl friends take you out to breakfast for the best french toast ever at Busicks Court Cafe. (Thanks Jackie and Katie!)

And then, you can't help but smile when your family gets you your favorite kind of ICE CREAM CAKE (Mint & Chip of course) and sings Happy Birthday to you like only they can ;)


And then, you forget the down sides of getting older and just give thanks for the past 26 years that have brought you so much joy and love from family and friends.

Because they are the best birthday gifts of all.

7 comments:

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday! Um....where's the pic of you and your guy?!?! ;)

Diamonds said...

Happy birthday Megan!

Megan Potter said...

Wow sounds like you were definately queen for the day! Happy Birthday again, and um...i didn't know you had a boyfriend? who is this guy? love ya
Megan Potter

~Stappsters~ said...

I like the boyfriend part!

Elise said...

YAY for Birthdays! So glad it was Fabulous!!! Don't hate getting old yet- You have PLENTY of more birthdays to come :) each year gets better!!!!

Bonnie said...

Hey Megan! Happy belated birthday, I'm glad you had fun this year! If it's okay, I'm gonna add a link to your blog on mine so I'll remember to read it more! I love it, and I love you! - Bonnie

Rebex said...

Aww, I'm so glad you had a good birthday. :)