
It was July 23, 2009, the night before Joe and I would be leaving for a 10 hour roadtrip to Sacramento, California for a family reunion. It had been a LONG day at work and I still needed to do laundry and pack and get some sleep before we left at 8am the next morning. Joe told me he needed some help with packing, and although I thought that was wierd (I mean, he's a grown man for goodness sake), he made it seem like it was really important. So, he came and picked me up and we headed to his house. When I got there, he had already packed and I was so confused and to be honest, a little annoyed. I mean, didn't he know I was exhausted and still had so much to do to prepare for our trip?
After looking over his bags and seeing that he packed everything just fine, he led me into the bathroom. Needless to say, I was so confused.
"Honey, I have a suprise for you," was all he said as he led me into the bathroom. "WHAT?! You're going to propose in a bathroom?!" was what was going through my mind. But, to my suprise there was a gift for me on the sink. I had told him a week before that I had wanted some new shorts for our trip, so he had gone to Banana Republic and bought me some new shorts and a shirt to match. It was so sweet! He wanted me to try them on, but I was in no mood for it. I was tired and grumpy and, I mean, what if they didn't fit? (They did by the way).
So, after kissing him thank you I asked to be taken home. I was just so tired. We got in the car and as soon and he sat down, he stood right back up and said he had to go to the bathroom and would be right back. I thought that was a little odd, but wasn't about to argue. I waited in the car until he came and asked me to come inside agian and help him with one more packing detail. At this point I was too tired to protest.
Instead of leading me to the living room where all his things were, he led me down the hall to a spare bedroom. As he opened the door, I was stunned at the sight. Lighted candles lined a red carpet that led to the cutest table set with chocolate goodies and sparkling cider. There were flowers EVERYWHERE and the roomed smelled like a garden. He even had pictures of our dates on the walls. I was so shocked I just stood there, speechless. I had thought that the clothes he gave me were the only reason he had asked me over. I had no idea he would be proposing!
He led me by the hand and sat me down then got down on one knee and asked me if I would be his wife. Needless to say, I said yes and kissed him like crazy. We ate the chocolate and drank the cider and danced to our song that he had playing in the background. It was the sweetest moment.
I guess I am hard to suprise. Joe had hoped that while I was trying on the clothes he could go light the candles, but when I didn't play along, he had to scramble. Therefore, the bathroom excuse. I'm so grateful that he is persistant and never gives up!
Well, that's the story. I am so grateful for Joe and the love we have for each other and the many years together we have to look forward to!
4 comments:
Awww, that is great. Thanks for posting your story, and YES you are a difficult woman! But it makes for a great story! :)
Aww... hooray for an awesome story! How fun and different and such a special story to have memories of forever. :-) Congrats, again!
What an awesome proposal! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm super duper happy for you guys!
He sure must love you tons!!! What a patient guy:) What a cute proposal, he seems so ROMANTIC! That is a great characteristic, just encourage him to keep it up through the years. Congrats!!
Post a Comment