Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

 The Lord has truly blessed me this year. Here are a few things for which I am grateful:

A loving Heavenly Father that never abandons me.
A Savior who died for me.
A testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
A handsome husband that loves me in spite of my many faults.
Caring and supportive parents who taught me correct principles and gave me opportunities to grow. 
Fun and intelligent siblings that have made ever family vacation an adventure.
The opportunity to get a legal education at a great school.
A healthy body and mind.
This beautiful Earth in which we live.

Isn't it a wonderful time to be alive? I feel so very blessed.

For Thanksgiving, Joe and I, along with my pal Valorie, headed up to Syracuse, UT to spend the time with my Uncle Jared and his family. We had a wonderful dinner with all the fixings! Their five kids were as cute as ever and it was great to spend time with them and catch up. Joe got to watch a football game with the boys and Val and I played on Christine's iPad and watched the silliest Christmas movie. It was great!

I was in charge of making the pies. I think I went a bit overboard. I had to make 2 pumpkin pies, and I wanted to make a caramel apple pie that I had seen my sister, Allie make. Well, I cut up enough apples for 2 pies, so that is what we got! I have to say, the apple pie was divine!


Here are the apple pies right before I put them in the oven. This is my first lattice top and I think it turned out OK. You can find the recipe here. The only modification I made was to mix 1Tbsp of cinnamon with the apples.


Here are the pumpkin pies. I used my Mom's recipe (which is just the Libby's recipe) because it is the best. You can find it here. Yes, I bought store bough crusts. Hey, give this law student a break!


And here are the baked caramel apple pies. They were SO yummy! I think this might have to come a Thanksgiving tradition in our home!

2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. Your pies - especially those apple pies look heavenly. I'm quite impressed with your culinary skills!

Bonnie said...

Caramel apple pies are my favorite!! And yours look sooo yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!