I have decided to be better about blogging, but not for the sake of blogging. I have two amazing brothers on missions and I feel I need to be better about writing them letters every week. I remember when I was a missionary serving in northern Spain, letters from home were a major source of strength to me. I don't know why, but they were almost rejuvenating. So, I am going to try and write a letter once a week to them and post it on my blog. I guess it will be hitting two birds with one stone. I am hoping that posting my letters here will provide me some accountability. So, here we go!
My Dear Missionary Brothers,
How I miss you! I drive by the MTC every morning on my way to school and my thoughts always turn to you and I say a silent prayer that you will be safe, healthy, and find those who are honestly seeking the gospel of Christ. I love reading your letters. You make me so proud.
Things are pretty crazy in the Flager home! The semester is drawing to a close and so things are picking up. I heard Christmas music playing on the radio the other day and it sent me into a mini panic. Isn't it sad that Christmas means FINALS? I can't wait until the two aren't always associated.
I am really enjoying my First Amendment class. The more I study about our Constitution, I am convinced that it is inspired. We are learning about the freedom of religion right now and I find it fascinating. I am helping to plan a charity event that will benefit the local battered women's shelter and so that has been keeping me busy in addition to school. I am hoping that we will raise at least $1000 for the shelter. I have been making good headway in reading the Doctrine & Covenants recently and have a goal to finish it by the end of the year. Also, Grandma Harris sent me a bunch of family names to take to the temple. She has worked on our family history for 40 years and now I am trying to help her finish what she has done. Joe and I went and did baptisms last weekend and I felt the spirit so strongly. I don't know if it was because I knew it was our family that were getting the ordinances done, or what. But, I have no doubt that they have been waiting for that to get done. I can't wait until we can get all their ordinances done!
Joe is one busy dude. He leaves at 7am every morning for an hour long commute to work, works until 4:30pm, and then on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is in class until 9pm, and still has an hour drive home after class. The nights he is not in class he is studying. He is working really hard and will be excited when the semester is over. Sports season is in full force and so our home is filled with football and basketball every weekend. I have learned so much about sports. You'd be impressed.
Well, there isn't much more to report. School and work keep us pretty busy. But, I hope you know that we love you and are so proud of you. I know that you are doing the Lord's work and serving His children. Stay obedient so that the Lord can bless you. Remember that you will regret the things you DON'T do. I know you are doing your best and can't wait to hear about how the Lord has blessed you this week.
Love Your Sister, Megan

No comments:
Post a Comment