Sunday, May 1, 2011

Justice, finally.

I remember exactly where I was when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. I  was an 18 year old freshman at BYU and was walking from my dorm room down to the Cannon Center to eat breakfast. A friend of mine was walking toward me and told me the news. I quickly went into the Cannon Center and joined the crowd gathered around the T.V., only to see the second tower being hit. I remember the tears running down my cheeks and how my heart hurt for all those on the planes and in the towers who were lost that day. That experience is what comes to my mind when I hear the word "terrorism." 

Now, almost ten years later, President Obama has confirmed that the man who orchestrated those attacks is dead. 



Osama Bin Laden has finally met justice.

I can't help but reflect on the teaching in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, about fighting against evil and secret combinations. I find it no coincidence that so much of that sacred book is dedicated to how to fight against evil leaders and evil groups, of which Al-Qaida is undoubtedly one. The following verse comes to mind:


3 Nephi 5:6

And thus they did put an end to all those wicked, and secret, and abominable combinations, in the which there was so much wickedness, and so many murders committed.


There is still much to do in fighting for freedom, truth, and righteousness.  However, the end of that evil man who has caused the murder of thousands of innocent people is good progress in that fight. I honor and am so grateful for all the men and women who have sacrificed their time and put their life on the line to fight against terrorism. 
They are heroes.


I am proud to be an American. God Bless the USA!

1 comment:

Heidi Perez said...

*shudder* His eyes give me the chills. I just watched the Pres's address a little bit ago. Hooray! I just wish that would be the end. :(