I ran 2.5 miles tonight. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, but for me, that's exciting. The best part? My knee feels fabulous! It been really frustrating over the past two years when I would try to run a mile or two and not be able to walk the rest of the day because of my swollen and painful knee. But, so far, that hasn't been the case this time and that makes me SO happy!! I've been running pretty consistently over the last few weeks and my knee hasn't bothered me once. Actually, the only time it was sore was after a long workout on the elliptical last week. Go figure. After two years of nursing this hurt knee, I think the time has come where I can get back to running as much as I like. I am starting slowly though. I don't want to overwork it all at once and get hurt again. So for me, 2.5 miles is a good start. Running makes me feel happy, good about myself, and like I accomplished something. Who doesn't want a daily dose of those things?
P.S. My friend Lauren has convinced me to train for a Ragnar relay in the fall. Yeah. The only thing that comes to mind is, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!"
P.P.S. Another Bonus--My husband told me I look hot when I work out. Yeah, definitely going to keep this up!

3 comments:
I am so happy to hear that you are able to run without knee problems!! Way to go.
What Ragar are you training for? Vegas? That is awesome!
This is awesome :) Yay for running!!
So impressed. I always want to go running but never do.
Aaaaand... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (yesterday ;)
Post a Comment