I know that I should have blogged about this a long time ago, but better late than never, eh? In May, Joe and I went on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We had yet to go on a vacation with just the two of us, and our honeymoon was just two days at the beach. So, we thought it was worth spending our tax return on this getaway. We had seven lovely days on a cruise ship with no places we had to be and no deadlines to meet. It was FANTASTIC! We stopped at Caba San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Highlights of the trip include:
Swimming with dolphins
Kayaking with a glass bottom kayak
All you can eat soft serve ice cream (Joe made sure to take PLENTY advantage of this)
Playing mini golf on the ship
Sleeping in and not feeling guilty of it
Para-sailing over the ocean
Chillin' in the hot tub
Awesome shopping (Well, this was a highlight for me.)
Formal dress-up dinners
Meeting new friends
Wonderfully warm weather
Snorkeling in a coral reef and seeing the most beautiful fish
Reading the entire Hunger Games series
Getting an incredible massage
Zip-lining in the jungle canopy
Towel animals
All you want room service
Being able to spent wonderful time with each other
We had a wonderful time and are so glad that we got to take a break. The only downer was that it ended so soon!
The first day at sea was cloudy, but the weather got better as we traveled more south.
It was mother's day weekend so this guy made an ice sculpture of "MOM." It was cool to watch.
Our lovely room.
We got a yummy pina-colada in this fun coconut monkey!
We saw this cute guy in Cabo San Lucas.
Our ship: Carnival Spendor
Lovers Beach in Cabo.
Supposedly this is a really famous arch. I thought it was pretty.
I'm not a fan of salt water, but it was worth it!
Getting ready to go para-sailing! I think Joe was a little nervous.
We had a GREAT time. I hope we can go on another cruise someday!









1 comment:
Hey! Some of those pictures look like our honeymoon! But we didn't do as much cool stuff there - newlywed budget, ya know. How fun!
Post a Comment