Friday, April 16, 2010

The Check In Call.

Last night Joe and I got THREE hours of sleep. I had a final this morning and he stayed up with me. We were at Kinkos Fed Ex at 2:30am printing out class notes. They had really annoying loud music playing that is still ringing in my ears. Tonight is pizza night. He usually calls me on his way home from work. Here is today's conversation.


Ring! Ring! I answer my phone.

Joe: There is a lot of traffic. I’m not going to get home at 5:08pm. It will be more like 5:15pm.

Me: Ok, that’s fine. But what if the pizza burns!? (Really concerned, really.)

Joe: Well you can take it out of the oven before it gets all black and burned.

Meg: Ok, right.

Joe: Hey! I just saw a black person! (We get excited at any hint of diversity here. Utah is so UNdiverse.)

Meg: Wow. Chuckle chuckle.

Joe: Yes. So,did you make the cookies?

Meg: Uh, no. Should I have?

Joe: Well, I thought you were going to.

Meg: Well. . . (thinking of an excuse because the truth is a took a 4 hour nap this afternoon after my final while he was at work). . . I thought we can make them TOGETHER! (That sounds much more fun right??)

Joe: Yeah, Ok. So you want to hear a joke? (Obviously it doesn’t sound much more fun.)

Meg: Sure (Just say sure. Then you’re not lying and he doesn’t get his feelings hurt.)

Joe: You know how Carl Malone and John Stokton have a lot of car dealerships?

Meg: Yes. (Said confidently although I really didn’t know that. Who are they again?)

Joe: Well, don’t buy a car from them, you’ll never get the title.

Meg: Chuckle Chuckle.

……..Pause…….

Meg:, OK, I don’t quite get that.

Joe: They never won the NBA title. So when the sell the car, they will keep the title to themselves.

Meg: Oh, funny.

Joe: I’m getting on the freeway.

Meg: Ok, see you once you get here. (Understanding that that means he has to go. He has this thing about talking on the phone while driving on the freeway.)

Joe: K. Bye.


See, we are interesting people. Actually, we are not interesting and if you are still reading this post, well bless you. We are just really tired and boring. I just realized that this conversation makes me look like a really bad person. Maybe I shouldn't have included my thoughts. OK well, I'm really am not a bad person. Just tired and a bit anxious. Give me a break please.

Joe just called me again to inform me that he will call again when he is exactly 20 minutes away so I can put the pizza in then and it won't get all burned black. He's got my back.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Lol. I always know when Cedric is going to be late because it inevitably happens when I am ahead of schedule and have dinner ready and waiting at 6 on the dot. Sometimes he remembers to call a few minutes before to tell me he'll be late but other times, he'll call when he's already ten minutes late to tell me that he's going to be late. Hmmm.. Kind of figured that out but still sweet that he cares enough to call. :)

Chris and Ellie said...

HaHA, you guys are the greatest! Don't ever think you're boring cuz your not!:) You remind me of Chris, i ask him to do something and instead of doing it, he takes a nap for like 3hours! while im working!. ( oh and he gest a full 8 hours of sleep too! ) lol

neffie said...

Hahaha! You know you could go back and delete your thoughts before you post it... but where would the fun be in that, right?