Thursday, April 29, 2010

For My Own Sanity . . .

I need to recap what has happened this week. It's Thursday, and I have officially been out of school for FOUR days. I feel like I should write a really deep post about what this last year of law school has taught me, or things I've learned over these last 5 months of marriage. But the truth is, I don't feel like it. In all reality I don't feel like doing much except healing. This last year has produced some pretty big emotional bruises and scratches. So, that's what I've been doing. I've been healing.

These last four days have consisted of:

sleeping for 12 hour straight
deep cleaning my kitchen, bathroom, and living room
hanging out with my girl Val
playing with Val's nephew Jacob (he seriously has the cutest cheeks ever)
sleeping in past 10am everyday
watching t.v. (biggest loser, you rock my world)
going to the temple (oh so needed that)
overcoming guilt for opting out of a school optional project
talking to my mom on the phone (Love. Her.)
playing tennis FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME
playing phone tag with Allie
making cookies and gave them away
doing a bazillion loads of laundry
going to IKEA and didn't buy a thing
going to Walmart and to buy body wash
cooking dinner EVERY NIGHT (it's been awhile since that has happened)
going to Costco and bought a lifetime supply on fruit loops
reading an insane amount of blogs
realizing my Dad has a blog (who knew?)
going for milkshakes with the husband (caramel praline yummmm)
reacquainting myself with Facebook
writing letters to my two favorite missionaries
texting friends I hadn't talked to in awhile
making plans for when my parents come to visit next week (so excited!)
going to the gym and pulled a muscle
getting some sun and put my new sunglasses to use
frowning at the snow (Come on, it's SUMMER already!)
taking Joe's car to Les Schwab
feeling happy again

OK, so I've been feeling kinda lazy. I think it is the fact that I have slept in past 7am, which is NOT normal for me.That's why I needed to write this down. But looking at this list, maybe I haven't been THAT lazy. I'm going agree with my Mom. I can be lazy this week. I've worked for it.

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Um, no you are not lazy! Holy cow, I think I need to go rest after reading that list. And the most amazing thing on your list? Going to IDEA and NOT buying anything! I didn't think that was possible :) Enjoy your break and your visit with your folks!

Young People in Love said...

GOOD. FOR. YOU.!!!
I remember the first few weeks post grad school graduation. I was, in reality, still doing quite a bit...only it was mostly self-care stuff which had been put on the back burner for so long that it felt like wasting time and unimportant instead of VITAL (as it really is).
...now go take a nap/bubble bath/second trip to IKEA! ;)

Brooke said...

You go, girl! Completing a year of law school? You deserve more than a week of relaxation!! Congrats! Hopefully it will get easier with the first year under your belt.

kimi + joe said...

Congratulations on being done - what a wonderful feeling I'm sure. I love your "lazy" list. You are far more productive than most!

Stacy said...

Congrats on completing your first year! You made it! First of all, you haven't been lazy, and second of all-- you could totally justify it if you were lazy since you've only been off for one week. That first week is definitely meant for catching up on sleep. I feel like we do the same thing. Push so hard till the end of the quarter (Cedric at school and me at home) and then spend the next week recovering from it. Enjoy the rest of your break and much needed time off!

Bugg's mama said...

Congratulations! Now get back to relaxing and sleeping.

Love, bree