While I was in Oregon last month, Joe was able to take a weekend and come and visit. It was the first wonderfully sunny day that we've had all year (It was terribly rainy almost the whole month I was in Oregon). We spent Saturday morning visiting my Grandmother in the hospital. After that we went to downtown Portland to watch the Rose Parade and check out the Saturday market. The parade was wonderful! There was everything that should be at a parade--floats, marching bands, dancers from different cultures, street vendors, balloons, and excited children. It was the perfect start to summer!
It's not a great parade without a Chinese dragon!
We got lunch at the Saturday market. It was warm and I wasn't in the mood for anything heavy or fried. Thank goodness for a fruit stand! You could pick to have slices of watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, mango, kiwi, or strawberries. I chose watermelon and mango and had the women drizzle lime juice on it. YUM! I have to say, I'd never had lime on my watermelon before, but I will make sure and have it agian for sure!
When all is said in done, we love Portland with all it's spunk and personality!
No comments:
Post a Comment