Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Wish . . .


. . . I had time. Time to read all my homework assignments, do all my legal research, finish all my class outlines, do all my practice questions, and write my research paper. Time to get a full 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night. Time to blog, write letters to old friends, craft, bake, cook new things, decorate my house, have all my laundry actually clean, folded, and put away. Time to have a long chat on the phone with my mother, sister, grandma, aunt, mission companion, mother-in-law, or friend. Time to clean out my coat closet, linen closet, under my kitchen sink, and our extra bedroom/office. Time to write meaningful letters to my missionary brothers and my other sweet siblings. Time to practice playing guitar, to paint, to do yoga, and hike. Time to go to the gym, shop for fun, and dance in my kitchen. Time to really enjoy a good novel. Time to travel to Moab, Zions, California, Oregon, and New York City. Time to lay in bed and cuddle with my husband until I was ready to get up (which probably wouldn't be until at least 2 p.m.). Time to play Ticket to Ride, Settlers, or Dominion. Time to watch all the March Madness games and see that my bracket is actually beating my husband's. Time to have a picnic, see a play, or go to the hot springs nearby.

Time, time, time.
Sometimes I wish we had a 36 hour day, but then I think, even that wouldn't be enough.

1 comment:

Farrr Westerner said...

Isn't school such a time suck? Good thing we have two semesters and four weeks left!!!