This is Emily. She is one of my besties. We met a year or so ago at church and I knew from the start I wanted her to be my friend. We have a TON in common and our hubbies get along great. Yay! Joe and I convinced Emily and her husband Scott to move into our apartment complex. We like them THAT MUCH.
Emily, Scott, Joe, and I are now a bike gang. We go on bike rides with our awesome helmets. Emily and I have matchy-matchy helmets . . . totally and completely on accident. Told you we have a lot in common. We are still trying to think up a name for our gang. Any suggestions?
Emily is someone I know I can always call on when I need some girl time or if the Hunk and I want to go out with friends. One thing I love about Emily is she sees the good in everyone.
Conversation at Relief Society Enrichment Activity
(Emily and I have just been moved to a new ward so we knew exactly ONE person there before we came.)
Meg: Emily is quite the quilter. She makes the most beautiful quilts!
Emily: Bashful smile. Thanks. It's just something I like to do.
Allie (a cool girl in our ward that we met): I love to scrapbook. I make tons of cards!
Emily & Meg: Cool!
Allie: So what are your talents, Meg?
Meg: Um, well, I'm not creative, or artsy, or musical, or athletic. Hmm, I can read. Yeah. I read.
Allie and Emily: Laugh politely
Emily: Meg is an organizer. If you need anything done or organized, she's your girl.
Meg: Aw, thanks! Feels so GRATEFUL Emily is her friend!
Isn't Emily just awesome? Love that girl!
So, if you see four people in their late twenties riding around the Provo/Orem area on bikes--just smile and wave or join us if you want!
4 comments:
She sounds like the exact kind of friend everyone needs. How wonderful and quick on her feet. And for the record, loving reading and organizing are two amazing and highly coveted talents, my dear.
haha. love it! I'll honk or join you :)
Cute post. I know them! Emily's brother Steve is one of our good friends. Great family!
I need to check your blog more often! Here I am commenting six months after you posted... Biking is the best!!! I'm glad you and Joe got into this past summer. I used to bike to and from work and loved it!
Post a Comment