Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweets, Spunk, & Samaritans

A few weeks ago, some of the girls and I decided to take a little trip to Portland. It really is a gorgeous city full of spunk and culture. Upon arrival we found the cutest little cupcake shop. Although a bit pricy, they were worth the experience. It pretty much was the best cream cheese frosting I've ever tasted.


Amanda, Brittani, & I with our sweets.

Downtown Portland offers a lot of beautiful architecture. This is the synagogue from the Jewish neighborhood we walked through.
Britt & I pose before the this Catholic church. It had the cutest, peaceful little courtyard that really reminded me of my days in Spain.
Of course we had to head to the Downtown Mall while we were there. Here's Sarah enjoying a Brookstone massage. I got one too and it was by far the best massage by in inanimate object I've ever experienced. What a great way to relax after hours of walking!
Sadly, upon arriving back at are car, we were met with a little disappointment.

We tried to change the tire ourselves, and although we were giving it our best effort...

...thank goodness for everyday good Samaritans!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Well at least you guys tried to change the tire! I wouldn't have a clue! Sounds like a fun day trip!

Elise said...

What an adventure!!! Sounds like a blast- even with the tire...I mean, what are the chances? Can I just say that I can totally see that happening to me? Maybe it's our luck...Gotta love those memories :) XOXO

Stacy said...

How fun that you are out making such great memories! I really need to learn to change a tire,as well. I love random acts of kindness!