Last night we finally made it home to Oregon. Now Christmas can really start. I love airplanes, and get excited every time I fly. I was a bit nervous because I needed to take my wedding dress on the flight and I didn't want any problems with it. Britt Hunsaker told me this story of a girl who checked her wedding dress and it got completely ruined, tire tracks from being run over and all. I was NOT going to let that happen. Luckily, the stewardesses were nice enough to let me have a bin to myself, just for the dress. It all worked out.
I learned something interesting on that flight. Do you know why airplanes always have the cabin lights on bright during the day and then at night they keep them dimmed low? It's because in case of emergency, they want your eyes to be adjusted to the light outside so that you can see. If the plane has an accident at night, they can't have people waiting until their eyes adjust to the darkness to get moving. Interesting eh? Just a little trivia tidbit for you.
By the way, have I told you how AMAZING my brother are?!?!?! It's the first time I've been with them for several months as Kyle has been at BYU Hawaii and Adam at BYU Idaho. We had a great time talking and laughing last night. Honesty, I am so proud of them. They have grown into the most wonderful, righteous young men. Oh, and we have some news at our house.
Kyle got his mission call . . .
. . .
. . . to the Phoenix, Arizona Mission!!
He will be teaching the people in SPANISH!!
WAHOO!!
I am so excited for him!! I know he will be an amazing missionary. Adam has his papers in and we are still waiting for the call, but hope it will come sometime this week. I am so excited for him!!
My heart is full of gratitude for the multitude of blessings that have come into my life. The Lord has been so good to me.
2 comments:
So many wonderful things are happening to you right now Megan. I am so happy for you! Congrats to your brothers as well!
Ditto to what Brandy said. So many great things happening for you guys and I am so happy for you. I never thought about needing to fly with a dress before. That's so funny. Glad it all worked out okay. :) Have a Merry Christmas and good luck on the big day. It's coming so soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment