Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I Learned Today . . .


"I give counsel to husbands and wives. Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion. Pray for the love that makes weakness and mistakes seem small. Pray for the love to make your companion's joy your own. Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion."
~ Henry B. Eyring

I want to implement this better into my life.
How do you serve your spouse?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings,
andrea

Heidi said...

I know this is a well-known trick, but I like to think of what it is I would like to receive, and then give it instead. Usually this means a back rub or doing the dishes. :)

Lindsey and Jared said...

Have you read the book about Love Languages? If not, I recommend it. It helps you pinpoint how you and your spouse express love. If you know how your spouse (and yourself) wants to have love communicated, it makes things a lot easier! Jared is big on quality time and words of affirmation so I always make an effort, when he does something I love or appreciate...to let him know!! : )

April said...

Your wedding pics are gorgeous! Your dress was gorgeous, your flowers, your shoes, and you were absolutely stunning! I loved looking at them!

I also like that book The 5 Love Languages. I actually just finished it! Great read!