Sunday, September 12, 2010

Founders Day Dinner

At the start of every semester, the law school puts on a grand dinner in downtown Salt Lake to commemorate the founding of the law school. Prominent attorneys from all over the region come (Elder Dallin H. Oaks and Elder Christofferson as well as many members of the Utah Supreme Court for example). The  school also gives awards to distinguished alumni. The school gives the law students the $45 meal for $15. So, it's a great excuse to dress up and feel like real fancy lawyers for an evening.


Here's our table. Unfortunately the girl who took the picture failed to focus it so it is fuzzy. But as you can see, the food was fantastic!


Here's some of my favorite classmates: Jennifer Rajan, Kandis Bryant, Heidi Moss, and Lauren Shaw. 


Some of my other favorites: Camille Borg, Lornalie Merideth, Rachel LeCheminat and her husband Casey.



And here we are! Don't Joe and I just look so professional?

Just so you know, it wasn't all about the food (although Joe might argue otherwise). I found the speaker's remarks really interesting. Chief Justice Christine Durham of the Utah Supreme Court spoke on the quality of our elected judges and the recipient of the distinguished alumni award spoke of her struggles in being a woman attorney in the 1970s when she graduated from law school. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole evening!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Too fun!!! Ya know, I still have moments when it just hits me and I think "whoa, I'm a professional." Some of those times are when I have to rent a car for work- stay in a fabulous hotel because I have business meetings in an area- get room service, or I'm dressed up in a business suit and I'm heading to the office of the CEO for a meeting. Whoa...just whoa. Then I feel like a kid again ;)