Joe and I headed to the Mayan for dinner a few weeks ago. I had heard about it from several different people while I've lived in Utah and thought it was about time I checked it out for myself.
The interior adventure decor was fantastic. I loved the antique feel of the lobby. But, we were surprised at how EMPTY it was. We were there on a Friday night and we were the ONLY people in the lobby. On the positive side, that meant that we only had to wait 3 minutes to get a table.
We found out why people were scarce. The food was TERRIBLE! I couldn't even finish my enchiladas. Joe and I are big Mexican food fans and were really disappointed that this didn't measure up. The meat was dry and had no flavor. Everything else was just greasy. We didn't even take home our leftovers. :(
Although the food was a disappointment, the entertainment was great. We really enjoyed watching all the divers jump from the HIGH cliffs into the pool below. They were really talented!
I can't imagine jumping and doing FLIPS from that high a height. However, the show didn't make up for the disappointment of the food. We probably won't go back. :(
2 comments:
A bunch of us went there when we lived in Utah and I have to agree with you completely!
Agree completely as well and the food has been that way since the beginning. You'd think the reputation would get back to them and they'd improve the cuisine. Glad you enjoyed the show at least!
Post a Comment