Thursday, April 14, 2011

Last night I studied by candle light. . .


. . . not because I am terribly romantic like that, but because our power went ka-putz AFTER the electric company visited our apartment complex. True, there were 60mph winds and I did hear a huge explosion, so there was probably good reason they turned off our power. I just wished it had happened on a night where my husband wasn't in class and I didn't have a crazy amount of studying to do. It would've been nice to snuggle with my love by candle light. 

Alas, I studied professional ethics and now my eyes hurt from reading in dim light. Also, I learned that when you burn multiple (read 8) scented candles of differing varieties at the same time, you should be prepared for a fragrance overload headache.  

2 comments:

Melanie said...

oh no! That seems like a tough situation. I would have fallen asleep. I can't imagine studying PR by candlelight... (snoozefest for sure)

kimi + joe said...

I can only imagine what 8 scented candles would do to my head as well. Glad you made the best of a dim situation. Good luck with finals!