Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chili-Rubbed Salmon with Sauteed Corn

Since I have someone else to cook for, I have been cooking A LOT more! Here is a great recipe from my favorite cookbook: Great Food Fast by Martha Stewart. It's a really light yummy meal!

Ingredients:
(Serves 4. Prep time: 25 Minutes)

4 skinless boneless salmon fillets (6 oz each) ( I get them frozen at Costco).
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups yellow corn (frozen or canned drained)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup fresh prepared tomato salsa (I LOVE this with fresh mango salsa)

Heat the broiler, set rack 4 inches from the heat. Rub the salmon all over with salt and pepper. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle the top of the fillets with the chili powder.

Broil until the fish is opaque throughout; 8 to 10 minutes (for out broiler 10m mins is too long!).

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the corn and the garlic, tossing until the corn is tender and beginning to brown. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the salsa and season with salt and pepper.

Place the salmon on plates with corn mixture. Garnish with lemon or lime if desired. I like serving this with rice too.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy and easy! I'm going to have to try that for my family!!

Brandy said...

That looks amazing!