Saturday, February 20, 2010

Comfort Food: Pot Roast and Veggies


My Mother is a great cook. She always makes meals that are delicious and easy to make. On cold winter days she would often make pot roast. It was yummy and warmed us right up. This winter has taken it's tole on me and I felt like I needed this comfort food. I can't be the only one who is needing comfort this winter, so I thought I would share this with you!

Ingredients:

A good size chuck roast for the number you are serving
1 potato per person
2-3 onions in quarters
1 bag baby carrots
2 cubes beef bullion
2 cups water

Sear roast on both sides in frying pan.


Place in slow cooker.

Cut potatoes into 2 inch size pieces.

Cut onions in quarters.

Place all veggies in slow cooker.

Add bullion cubes.

Add water evenly.

Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.

I like to cook this on Sundays. Since we have church until 5:30pm, it is nice to put this all together before church and then come home to a house that smells yummy and a dinner ready to eat!

This meal should not be eaten alone. We invited my sister Allie and her husband Chris to enjoy it with us.


It was a great Sunday family meal. It definitely fulfilled my comfort needs!

1 comment:

Gayle Hannon said...

oh my gosh meg that looks D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! Darci and I will definitely need to make that! YUM!