Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm sitting here on the couch . . .

. . . and I REALLY need to work on my legal brief. It's due on Monday, worth a whole heck of a lot of my writing grade and, well, what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life so I should get good at it. But all I can think about is . . . Joe and cookies. I miss Joe. OK, I know he needs his "man time" and to be honest, he's a lot happier after playing basketball with the boys. Sure their team never wins, but it makes him happy and that makes me happy. He goes and plays, I stay and "do homework." Sounds like a perfect solution right? Yes. Meg, get back to work, you are wasting your time. I know, I know, but all I want is for Joe to come home so we can make cookies. Should I eat cookies? Probably not. Goodness knows a law student's lifestyle isn't the most active. I purposely park in the farthest parking space, just to make sure I get in the most possible steps in my day. Isn't that sad? I'm trying to get steps in, not miles? Oh my. I've gone down hill. Yeah, certainly don't need the cookies. But oh, they taste so good, and making them with Joe is the best thing ever. He's the cookie monster. That man can eat more sugar than a sugar plum fairy. And it makes him so stinking happy when they come out of the oven. It's just so dang cute. He's like a little kid. And then it makes me think that someday we will have kids. And then my heart gets really big because then I think of what Joe will be like as a father and I know, well, he's going to be the best Dad ever. I hope I can be a decent mom. Our kids will probably LOVE him and just deal with me. But that's OK. It's going to be great. It makes me smile. He always makes me smile. Except when he's sad. He just walked in the door. His team lost again. The season is over. He just frowned. He's so cute when he frowns. Yeah, I'm completely smitten with him. I never thought I would let myself care so much about a person, but I just can't help it. He makes life so good.

Ok. I'm sorry for the mushiness. I'm really not trying to brag. It's just, a year ago I was lonely and not very happy. And when I have to do things that stress me out, like write this brief, I think about the happy things. It's what gets me through.

4 comments:

Tom & Katie Hall said...

Here's the thing. my day has been full of sad thoughts and this post made me extremely happy. just so you know...and me and courtney are currently making cookies. those are also happy things. :)

Heidi said...

Meg, I love reading your blog. And I love seeing you so happy. AND (I know you're not supposed to start sentences with that word) I know you'll be an awesome mom, the kind the kids run home from the bus stop after school to see. Hehe, that will be so cute! Good luck with your brief. And eat lots of cookies. :)

Stacy said...

You guys are so cute. Megan- you are going to be an incredible mom and I guarantee your kids will do more than just deal with you. They will be very lucky kids. In the meantime, good luck getting through all the papers and law school work!

Elise said...

You are too cute! I'm so happy that you're happy- and hey, whatever gets you through...Your "favorite things"!! We had those on the mission too :) You'll be a great mom- I have no doubt. Have I told you lately how proud of you I am? You are a total rockstar and I'm SOOOO stinkin' proud to know you!!!! Keep up the AMAZING work in law school!!!! You'll be able to look back when you're through and just say "look at all I've accomplished"...you completed high school, college, a mission, law school, AND found a wonderful man to share the rest of eternity with!!! AMAZING!!! Oh i just love you!!

p.s. Thanks so much for the receipe! I'm definitely going to try it :)